Search for atmospheres
Rutledge Private Clinic and Asylum: Home of Wayward & Lost Souls
Inside Rutledge Asylum
"The Rutledge Private Clinic and Asylum: Home of Wayward & Lost Souls is a psychiatric hospital and asylum in London.
It is where Alice Liddell was taken to after entering her catatonic state caused by the death of her family. After her psychotic break as a child, Alice was at the mercy of the 19th century Victorian medical community. Since Alice was hospitalised at Rutledge in the 1860s to the 1870s, the residing doctors and nurses were known to use various types of medicinal treatments on their patients such as the use of straitjackets, sensory deprivation, experimental medication, leeches, electroshock therapy, trepanning, and lobotomies."
Comments for "Inside Rutledge Asylum"
License details for "Inside Rutledge Asylum"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Ambient sounds nk by burning-mir from http://freesound.org +)
- creepy background pad by by alextundra - freesound.org +)
- Chains rattle by By daveinCamas - www.freesound.org +)
- Young woman breathing scared by cgrl +)
- praying by felix.blume from http://freesound.org +)
- Girl Sobbing by jmr_online from http://freesound.org +)
- Torture BG by lolamadeus, vikuserro, stomachache, all from http://freesounds.org +)
- Big Door Slam by stephen on http://soundbible.com/ +)