Search for atmospheres
Swans Pond in FO4
You travel through Boston, dodging raiders and ghouls alike, until you reach an open space. A sign painted in white reads, "Danger Common Ahead." Another sign painted on an apb reads, "Swan." This is Boston Common. You take in the scenery of this once public city park. The buildings clear and you get a good look at the blue sky. The grass is unkempt and long, and the pond is covered in scum. The city smells of death, but the common offers a break. The air smells of garbage, but lacks the smell of rotten flesh.
You walk over to the pond and scan your surroundings. The common is considered one of the more dangerous places in Boston, and for good reason. You see no sign of the behemoth guarding the water. You sit down on the grass for a minute and rest your feet. You grab a drink of water. You hear the sound of the breeze dragging the leaves along the ground. In the distance, the usual sounds of the city can be heard----
A growl. A low, slow growl. You look up. A hulking super mutant as tall as a building emerges from the water. You scramble to your feet. You grab your bags and turn to run. The behemoth saw you.
You should get out of there now!
Comments for "Boston Commons"
License details for "Boston Commons"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- distant gunfires by cheeseheadburger +)
- Birds in distance by Chloe +)
- Creature Breathing by jeffreys2 from http://freesound.org +)
- Water Swish by Lauren Miller +)
- Walking On Grass by mikaelfernstrom from http://freesound.org +)
- Creaking Metal Soundscape by Speedenza from http://freesound.org +)
- Agony Screams b by Than van Nispen and FreqMan of the Freesound Project +)
- Wind blows in leaves by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license